Our precast concrete lift shafts are designed as modular units at our plant in Horwich, near Manchester. Manufacturing off-site allows for quick and easy installation and reduces disruption to other trades.
Barcon precast concrete lift shafts are designed and manufactured bespoke to the project requirements. Our experienced technical team work together with the contractor, design team and mechanical lift manufacturer to develop general arrangement drawings for approval.
As standard our precast concrete lift shafts are delivered to site complete with:
- Waterproofed lift pit
- Shaft units all painted white internally to assist the lift manufacturers mechanical installation
- Cast-in channels to internal walls as lift manufacturers requirements
- Capping Lid including cast-in sockets for the lift manufacturers lifting eyes
- Cast-in lifting points for offloading and installation
- Cast-in connection points for easy fixing
- Bedding mortar and grout for site installation
Our customers value the environmental, financial and time-saving advantages they gain with our modular concrete lift shafts that are designed and manufactured by industry experts.